The XX International Festival of Internal Arts «Health and Longevity» will be held on November 18, 2017, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Everyone is welcome to take part in the Festival.
Organizators: Saint-Petersburg Association of Taiji and Qigong clubs and Internal Art Research Institute (IARI).
All participants and guests of the XX International Festival of Internal Arts «Health and Longevity» will be able to learn about traditional Chinese health systems, watch demonstration performances, attend exhibitions and celebration events as well as take part in workshops and practice classes.
Also, as part of preparation for the Festival, everyone interested may take a class of a Chinese health gymnastics at the sports complex of the Chinese Business Center.
Aims & Objectives
The main purposes of the Festival are to:
- Increase the life span and prolong the physical and social activity of the pensioners and the older people;
- Popularize the Chinese health systems that allows to preserve a good physical health, high mental activity, perfomance efficiency, sociability and support an interest to life;
- Expand the older people’s views on possibilities of supporting their healthy and active longevity;
- Creatively develop schools and training systems, education and upbringing, as well as information and experience exchange;
- Strengthen friendly and creative relations between associates from different clubs, cities and countries where the Internal Arts have long and successfully been helping to maintain and enhance health and longevity of a man;Bring up the youth in the spirit of a healthy lifestyle.
About Internal Art
The «Internal Art» is a set of traditional philosophical concepts and training methods of the best human qualities and the discoveryof the capabilities of human nature that underlies any creativity in the Chinese tradition.
The most popular internal arts are Qigong and Daoyin, the schools of Taoist internal styles such as Taijiquan, Baguazhang, Xin Yi Quan and others.
These are the «soft» martial art styles based on non-using of the rough physical power. The purpose of practicing internal arts is the accumulation of true spiritual treasures of a man.
Traditional Chinese medicine is the kind of Internal Art and its concepts underlies the training methods.
Practicing Internal Arts helps you to:
- Support active longevity;
- Improve general health;
- Develop strength, physical durability, flexibility and coordination;
- Strengthen the immunity, heart and breathing;
- Strengthen the musculoskeletal system;
- Remove back and joint pains;
- Find calmness, confidence, multiply your internal power;
- Increase the stress resistance;
- Improve memory and concentration, psycho-emotional state, normalize the sleep;
- Harmonize relationships with other people.
The Festival’s program
- The opening ceremony
- Mass free classes of the Chinese health gymnastics specially arranged for the older people;
- Demonstration performances of the clubs and schools practicing different internal styles and directions;
- Performances and master classes of the experts and masters of Taiji, Qigong and other kinds of health gymnastics;
- Workshops for professionals: methods of Qigong teaching, methods of Taiji refereeing and others;
- Professional services for everyone: Qigong massage, Chinese medicine
- Lectures on the history and philosophy of internal arts;
- Calligraphy and traditional Chinese painting classes;
- Exhibition «Health and Longevity»;
- The closing ceremony.
Conditions of Participation
- Everyone is welcome to take part in the Festival.
- Participation is free of charge.
- If you represent a school and would like to take part in the demonstration performances program, please go to Registration page.
- To take part in the health programs and master classes, welcome to the Festival. Entry is free. You may alsojoin the Festival’s groups on VKontakte and Facebook to follow the news and updates.
- People over 60 years old will be able to take free classes outside of the Festival. For more details, please follow the news on VKontakte and Facebook groups or send us a message.